Wrinkles appear on the face for various reasons. The former are the result of dehydration or microtraumas of the epidermis: with a loss of moisture or a decrease in hyaluronic acid, the stratum corneum dries out and forms a fine wrinkle that Darsonval can cope with. Mimetics take longer to form: when the muscle fiber is tightened, the fibroblasts go into action. But if the muscles return to their original state after tension, the fibroblasts deform over time and form skin wrinkles.
With age, the synthesis of collagen fibers, which serve as a framework, decreases. When it is destroyed, your skin loses its turgor, "sags". This is combined with the weakening and deformation of the muscle fibers: the oval loses its definition, folds form on the face, chin and neck.
If the process is not hampered in any way, age-related changes appear and become consolidated earlier. It is impossible to completely get rid of wrinkles, but it is quite possible to prevent their early formation.
How the Darsonval technique works on the face
Darsonvalization is a physiotherapeutic procedure based on the influence of an electrical impulse.A special device, Darsonval, generates weak high-frequency currents.The latter have a strong stimulating effect:
- first of all, the currents improve microcirculation, thus improving the nutrition of the skin;
- darsonval eliminates vascular spasms and improves venous flow. And along with this, it improves lymphatic drainage, allowing you to get rid of edema;
- exposure to a weak current increases the turgor of the dermis and helps to increase the density of the skin layer;
- darsonval also relieves spasms of muscle fibers and leads to the formation of deep dermal wrinkles;
- the electric current favors the regeneration of the skin.
Darsonvalization is used not only in cosmetology for rejuvenation, but also in the treatment of skin diseases, neuralgia, osteochondrosis, trophic ulcers.
For wrinkles (rejuvenation)
Whether darsonval helps with wrinkles depends on the general condition of the skin and the type of formations. The device is used to smooth fine and deep wrinkles. However, the effect of currents is not instantaneous: to remove a crease, you need to take at least 1 course. The current indirectly affects the skin: the improvement of the microcirculation in the dermis stimulates the intensive production of collagen. For the best result, you can connect special collagen masks and creams.
With good blood circulation, more hygroscopic substances, such as hyaluronic acid, are retained in the dermis. The high hydration of the skin eliminates small epidermal wrinkles.
The effect on deep wrinkles, especially on mimic wrinkles, is explained by the ability of weak high-frequency currents to relieve spasms of blood vessels and muscle fibers.When the latter relax, the constant tension that maintains the wrinkle disappears. Unfortunately, in this case, the fibroblasts are not fully restored, but they acquire a configuration close to the original.
On the second chin, oval lift
This unpleasant formation occurs for 2 main reasons:
- Fat Buildup - Fat tissue is simply deposited under the chin to form a heavy double crease. In this case, darsonvalization practically does not work, since the electric current does not affect the fat cells. They conduct the current very poorly and are therefore not very sensitive to impact. Consequently, it is impossible to get rid of a double chin in this way;
- sagging: with a decrease in collagen and elastin fibers, the skin loses its firmness and elasticity. As a result, under the influence of gravity in a place like under the chin, the skin quickly sags. And this also applies to the dermis and adipose tissue. Darsonval stimulates collagen production and thickens the top layer of the skin. This reduces sagging and the double chin disappears or becomes noticeably smaller.
To tighten the chin, it is recommended to combine the effects of Darsonval with exercises such as stretching the lips, increasing the articulation.
Contraindications and side effects of Darsoval
Despite the safety of the procedure, it is not always applicable. There are a number of contraindications that prevent the use of an anti-wrinkle device:
- During pregnancy, this type of stimulation is useless. Under the influence of hormonal changes, the skin becomes much looser and cannot become elastic until the female body returns to normal;
- susceptibility to allergies: this refers to sensitivity to mechanical and thermal effects on the skin. In this case, darsonval becomes a strong irritant;
- open surfaces of wounds, scratches, various types of inflammation, as well as skin diseases during an exacerbation are a contraindication;
- in oncology, darsonvalization is prohibited;
- any disease associated with poor blood clotting is a contraindication;
- cardiovascular ailments, or, more precisely, those that affect the state of the walls. If the fragility of the capillaries is too high, for example, it is impossible to act with current, as this leads to the destruction of the blood vessels.
The electric current, even weak, irritates the skin.Therefore, after the procedure, there are often some side effects:
- redness and slight inflammation of the epidermis: disappears in less than a day;
- tingling, numbness;
- feeling of heat - arises from the active work of blood vessels;
- spots on the skin.
If redness turns into irritation and swelling, if rashes appear after the procedure, darsonvalization is stopped.
How to apply correctly for different areas.
Darsonval comes with various accessories that are used for different purposes. The frequency and power of the pulses are regulated within certain limits. This is what allows the device to be used against wrinkles around the eyes just as effectively as to get rid of double chin.
To eliminate wrinkles and folds, to tighten the oval of the face, a non-contact technique is used. The nozzle electrode does not touch the skin and its effect is enhanced by the appearance of a spark discharge.
Here wrinkles and folds are formed due to constant muscle tension, so the first task of the procedure is to relieve spasms. How to use darsonval to eliminate forehead injuries:
- To smooth out wrinkles, a mushroom-shaped nozzle with a diameter of 2 cm is used.
- Smooth the pleats from the center of the forehead to the sides. This direction is dictated by the direction of lymphatic drainage.
- The impact force is closer to the maximum. The massage does not last more than 7 minutes.
- Finish the procedure with circular motions. At the same time, the power is changed.
Around the eyes (eyelids)
How to use darsonval to remove wrinkles around the eyes:
- A petal-shaped accessory is used for the procedure.
- Darsonvalization begins with the lowest power current. The skin of the eyelids is very fine and delicate and a strong effect is not necessary.
- Over time, the skin adapts to the impulses, therefore, after 5-10 sessions, the current for the eyelids increases.
- The massage starts from the upper eyelid: the skin is smoothed from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner. Lower eyelid smoothing is done in the opposite direction: from the outer to the inner corner.
- The movements are slow, precise, the duration of the procedure is 3-5 minutes.
This training is considered sustainable.The appearance of folds is due to the action of gravity, the sagging of the skin and the deformation of the collagen framework in this area. Also, the mimic muscles are very active and constantly work here:
- The maximum current is used for exposure: the nasolabial folds are stable, and the skin in this place is numb.
- For the procedure, an attached point is used - wrinkles or a fungus - folds.
- The massage begins in the central part of the nose, smoothes the wrinkle itself and then goes up to the temples. Thus, Darsonval stimulates the relaxation of muscle fibers and accelerates the reconstruction of the collagen structure of the cheeks.
- The procedure takes at least 10 minutes. With deep folds, the period can be longer.
The earlier darsonvalization of the nasolabial folds begins, the better the result will be and the longer it will last.
How often can the procedure be performed and for how long to use it?
On average, the darsonvalization course takes 20 to 25 procedures. The massage is done every day or every other day, depending on the sensitivity of the skin. The session lasts 15 to 20 minutes.It is recommended to repeat the darsonvalization no more than once every 3-4 months.
If the device is for personal use, it is possible to perform electric massages 1-2 times a week between main dishes. The duration of the session should be minimal, up to 5-7 minutes. In this case, the effect of the main procedure lasts longer.
To prevent skin aging and wrinkle formation, strong exposure is not required. How to use Darsonval for preventive purposes:
- Only the contact technique is used.When massaging, the nozzle fits perfectly to the skin, but without pressure. In this case, the current force will be less than with a non-contact massage.
- Darsonvalization is performed, moving along the massage lines from the center to the periphery. It does not require lateral movement.
- The course includes fewer procedures, from 10 to 15.
- The session time does not exceed 10 minutes.
Performing the procedure at home
Darsonval is produced not only in the form of massive devices for medical procedures, but also in a much more accessible mobile form. The latter can be purchased privately and used at home. It is only important to understand which device is needed and which one is better to choose. In this case, the rules of use are not very different from those observed in the beauty salon:
- Before darsonvalization, the skin is prepared: it is cleaned, dried well with a paper towel or napkin. There should be no moisture.
- Contact surfaces: nozzles treated with alcohol or other disinfectant.
- The required power is selected on the apparatus, the nozzle is installed.
- Massage is performed. Depending on the purpose, different procedures are used. If different zones are being processed, it is imperative that when moving from one area to another, the pulse power and nozzle are changed, if necessary.
- The darsonvalization is completed with a lymphatic drainage massage of the neck, from the chin to the clavicle. Thus, lymphatic drainage is improved.
- After the procedure, the skin is lubricated with a moisturizer.
Do not use alcohol tonics and tinctures after darsonvalization.
To get the maximum effect, you should follow a few recommendations:
- Before buying the device, you should familiarize yourself with all the available models and consult with a specialist. For home use, it is not necessary to buy too powerful a device;
- you must follow the rules to use darsonval. Pay special attention to restrictions;
- it is necessary to apply electromassage in courses, observing the frequency. A random massage will not be beneficial;
- darsonval is combined with other anti-aging technologies.
To enhance the effect during the procedure, you can use special contact gels.However, they are only recommended for deep wrinkles and folds.
- Darsonvalization is a special type of stimulating massage performed with low-power electrical currents.
- The procedure is used for both skin rejuvenation and the treatment of a wide variety of diseases.
- The device for darsonvalization is completed with attachments. They effectively smooth wrinkles in different parts of the face: on the forehead, around the eyes, around the mouth.
- Darsonval is used both to eliminate wrinkles and to prevent their appearance.
- The electromassage procedure can be carried out independently at home. In this case, it is worth following the recommendations of specialists.